ADD UVC TO YOUR INFECTION PREVENTION ARSENAL.
Laboratories in the biotechnology and life sciences fields are looking for new ways to keep researchers and high touch environmental surfaces safe and free of contaminants. Cleanrooms are mission critical areas requiring stringent environmental conditions. For example, when scientists grow cultures, it is important to reduce the introduction of other bacteria so that results will not be compromised.
E-CO can equip your laboratory or cleanroom with proven Steril-Aire UVGI Surface & Air Sterilisation and disinfection systems.
In-Ceiling UV-C disinfection system wield lethal weapons against pathogens in laboratories.
Ceiling-mounted Steril-Aire’s UVC devices can:
- Stop surface pathogens (MRSA, C.Difficile, VRE) that routinely compromise laboratories and cleanrooms environments.
- Disinfect and decontaminate laboratories and cleanrooms “after-hours”. In addition, disinfection can be accomplished in less than 30 minutes assuring a rapid turnover and low disruption of work flow.
- Control and reduce laboratory associated infections (LAIs), which mean fewer repeated procedures and reduce cross contamination.
- Help support a comprehensive decontamination approach and improve or complement existing manual application methods for cleaning and disinfection.
While not meant to replace existing cleaning protocols, ceiling-mounted Steril-Aire’s UVC devices can help support a comprehensive decontamination approach and improve or complement existing manual application methods for cleaning and disinfection. Recent studies suggest that that UVC disinfection may be more effective when used after traditional cleaning protocols. Therefore, cleaning must remain an important part of terminal room disinfection.
WHERE TO INSTALL IT?
- Decontamination rooms
- Isolation rooms
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- It uses UVC spectrum of ultraviolet light to penetrate cell walls of microorganisms, damaging DNA to prevent replication. UVC light is a proven disinfection technology-given the appropriate intensity and/or exposure time to achieve adequate UV dose.
- The In-Ceiling UVC disinfection system is evenly and strategically spaced in the ceiling for maximum coverage to eliminate shadowing and deliver pathogen-lethal UV dose.
- The UVC-sterilized cleanrooms are equipped with motion detectors and contact detectors in the doors to ensure the doors are closed and the rooms unoccupied when the UVC lights are operating.
WHY LABORATORIES CHOOSE STERIL-AIRE’s UVC ?
The life span of our Steril-Aire’s UVC Emitters® operating 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in an HVAC systems, is roughly 9,000 hours or one year. If you are only using the emitters in the laboratory or cleanroom 5 days a week for a maximum of 8 hours per day, you can anticipate a 4 year life span.
DOWNLOAD THE CASE STUDY
Zero hospital-acquired infections is almost unheard of. Yet, Muskogee has achieved that thanks in part to its innovative use of ultraviolet germicidal lights. Read how Muskogee Community Hospital has taken the technology to the next level and installed UVC lights to sterilize its seven operating rooms (ORs) and procedure rooms every night. [wpdm_file id=64]